THE SCENE: Warm but not the complete toaster oven of recent workouts. Mid 80s, partly sunny, slight breeze.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Motivators, 7 count decreasing, cherry pickers x10 4-Ct, Mosey to curb at intersection NE of admin building, 25 calf raises, 25 step ups
Mosey to trail at the top of the Tail of the Dragon
- ROUTE 66 Burpees (note to self… never do this exercise again with Burpees!)
Mosey to big oval parking lot south of the Ball fields
- NO MERCY MILE (ended up being a little under 1/2 of a mile)
- Near end: Bear Crawl around turn
- Run to ½ way point. 25 Merkins. Run to curve
- Far End: Lunges around turn
- Sprint to ½ way point. 25 Squats. Run to Curve.
- Rinse and Repeat. (only got 1/2 way around before we had to get a move on)
Mosey to bottom of Baby Cardiac.
- Hill Suicides
- Run up to ½ way point (where the shade stopped) and back 3 times.
- 25 flutter kicks (2-ct)
- Run up to ½ way point and two times, then get to the top and do 25 LBCs
Mosey to stop sign at intersection of circle drive where we did the calf raises, 20 American Hammers, 4-ct IC
20 heel touches on 6.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
10 strong (Gobbler not tagged)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
UVA UVAM VIVIENDO VARIA FIT (inscription on the Sign of the Hat Creek Cattle Company in the book Lonesome Dove; part 2 of the LD Word Post)
The inscription at the bottom of the sign of the Hat Creek Cattle Company, a fictional business run by ex-Texas Rangers Gus and Call in the book Lonesome Dove, is mangled Latin that Gus (a decorated ex-Ranger and all around fun dude, but who isn’t quite as smart as he would like to believe, or like others to believe) tacked on there on a whim (and probably to make others think he was a scholarly fella) that loosely translates to A Grape changes color (ripens) when it sees another grape. We are changed by the lives of those around us. Toxic people can cause us to wither and rot. Gus and Call, in the book, are complete opposites in personality, but deep down they love and respect each other, and complement each other to the point that together they overcome many life-threatening challenges during the great cattle drive described in the book. Look to surround yourself with people who will help you ripen! There’s a theory that your personality is shaped by the 5 people you spend the most time with, so pick them wisely!
- Proverbs 12:26 The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
- Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. (Who knew that one of F3’s slogans was immortalized at the bottom of a sign in one of the Great American Novels??)
Prayers for Hooker’s friend, who passed away recently, leaving a grieving family behind. Thankful that Jinxy was able to show up again with us in the Fake Gloom and crush the workout in spite of a recent health scare.