THE SCENE: Cool with a nice break in the rain (i.e. perfect)
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER (no snot rockets, don’t get close enough to hold hands and swap spit)
SSH x 15, IC; CP x 5, IC; Tie Fighters, front and back x 15 each way, IC
This is a 4 corners workout. To maintain social distancing protocol, no more than 5 in a corner at a time. This is a workout scientifically designed to get a HIM ready for the beach. First order of business is to, one at a time, grab a coupon from the CMU pile. This is yours for the entire workout. Because HIMs are the ones to carry all the heavy stuff across the sand to the beach, everybody carries a CMU everywhere they go. Beach themed music provided.
- First Corner – 3 exercises: Curls (for the girls) x 25; Flutter Presses x 25 (2 ct); Goblet Squats x 25
- Second Corner – 3 exercises: Superman Swims x 25; CMU rows x 25; Lunges x 25;
- Third Corner – 3 exercises: Derkins x 25; American Hammers (with CMU option) x 25 (2ct); More Curls x 25;
- Forth Corner – 1 exercise. 25 Blockees (it helped to think of the CMU as a cooler full of beer)
- If you hear Queen’s “Bicycle Race,” stop what you’re doing and hit your six for Freddy Mercury’s the duration of the song (3:01).
- Complete at least 2 circuits
- Q calls an audible after 2 circuits to go run a little bit. Groups split up to run up Baby Everest and down the Dragon or vice versa, stopping at one point to knock out 5 burpees. Race ensues. Bunny may or may not have taken a short cut to beat Gibbler. All wagon wheel and finish together at the AO.
Just enough time to get to 5/20 on Capt. Thors
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
A reflection on a couple of quotes. From Henry Ford: “He who says he can and he who says he can’t are both usually right.” And from Hallerin Hilton Hill: “Attitude determines altitude.” Stay positive men!
Prayers for Mrs. Lillydipper and family, Pinto and family, and for a good, safe summer for everybody but special request for Dung Beetle as he guides the kids of Emerald Youth this summer.
Playlist from the morning: School’s Out, Alice Cooper; Summertime, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince; Good Vibrations, The Beach Boys; Beautiful Girls, Van Halen; Heat Wave, Martha and the Vandellas; Bicycle Race, Queen; Hot Fun in the Summer Sun, Sly and the Family Stone; Cruel Summer, Bananarama; Rockaway Beach, Ramones; Wipe Out, The Surfaries; The Boys of Summer, Don Henley.
Regular time for Monday. Pluto will Q and have something special.