THE SCENE: Suspiciously chilly……character-building chilly.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
- Welcome to F3: Fitness – Fellowship – Faith
- My name is Steam and I’ll be your QIC this morning – thanks for having me.
- Couple of things before we begin:
- Not a professional
- You’re here on your own volition
- If you need to modify anything we do this morning – feel free to do it – but push yourselves and the men around you – we have some work to do.
- No FNGs
- Reminder of social distancing guidlines – 10 PAX present so that’s good
- SSH: 11×4 IC
- Rockette: 11×4 IC
- Imperial Walker: 11×4 IC
- Squat: 11×4 IC
- Merkin: 11×4 IC
- Baby Arm Circles: 10×4 forward IC // 10×4 backwards IC
[ The Truck Stop 500 ]
- Around the median of the AO parking lot
- POC (Points of Contact)s:
- Both ends of the median
- Middle light in between the 2 ends
- Each POC = 2 exercises – 25 reps each
- Ends: SSHs & Squats
- Middle: 4 count Merkins (Army) & Bobby Hurley’s
- ^^^These sucked ^^^ – character was built and arms and shoulder were destroyed
- 2 laps = Truck Stop 500
(Mosey up towards the fields)
(Every light = 5 squats —> 3 lights of this)
(Q gave PAX the choice of executing the Tunnel of Love across the soccer field or doing 11s – you’ll never guess which one was the unanimous decision…..)
[ 11s ]
- Burpees & Squats
- 1 burpee & 10 squats to start
(Continue Mosey towrds the playground by Watt Road)
- Every light = 1 good merkin (good form)
[ Nickel – Dime – Quarter ]
- 3 POCs within the parking lot off of Watt Road
- 1st POC = nickel (5 reps)
- 8 Count Body-Builders/Man-Makers
- 2nd POC = dime (10 reps)
- 3rd POC = quarter (25 reps)
(Continue mosey around baseball field)
- 1st light = 5 SSHs
- 2nd light: 25 SSHs
- 3rd light: 125 SSHs
- 125 SSHs broken up into increments of 25 – with 5 incline merkins in between
(American Indian Run back to AO parking lot)
(10 minutes to go)
- 1st 5 minutes:
- Mirroring the Truck Stop 500 – at each end of the median in the AO parking lot = 25 squats
- Slow mosey around to the other end
- Hit 100 total squats or until 5 minutes is up
- Last 5 minutes: Mary below
[ Core 4 Finisher ]
- Flutter Kicks: 25×4 IC
- 5 seconds of rest in between
- American Hammers: 25×4 IC
- 5 seconds of rest in between)
- Hello Dolly’s: 25×4 IC
- 5 seconds of rest in between
- LBCs: 25×4 IC
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
10 PAX – No FNGs
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
The story of Jacob, Rachel, and Leah —> What happens when your will is Rachel but God’s will is Leah?
The story about Jacob, Rachel and Leah (Genesis 29:15-25)
I’ve been listening and following some sermon series’s by a guy named Jerry Flowers in TX. I’ve really enjoyed his sermons and how they’ve challenged me to think and reconnect during this time. This one in question for the BOM today comes from his “Try Me” series, the first one actually – talking about the story of Jacob desiring and working 7 years for Rachel, but actually receiving Leah instead. Jerry had such an interesting and powerful take on this, that it was too good not to share, so let’s break it down. Here are some of my initial notes:
- Jacob wanted Rachel so bad. So bad he worked 7 years for this woman. 7 years of hard labor for this woman. 84 months. I’m pretty sure I’ve never worked for a woman (or anything consistently) for straight-up 7 years> Married men – maybe/probably.
- Jacob loved Rachel – but his desire to pursue Rachel was distracting him for what God actually needed him to focus on – Leah.
- Jacob did not want Leah – he wanted Rachel. But he was given Leah. Unpack that mentally for a moment in real life.
- BUT….when he was given Leah – he still chose to pursue Rachel – at the cost of 7 years of his life.
Now this part really gets me – I’ve never made this connection before and dang y’all….hold on.
- Leah has a son named Judah with Jacob.
- PAUSE – go to Matthew 1 to read the lineage of Jesus.
- Matthew 1:1-2 —> ” The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. Abraham was the father of Isaac, and Isaac the father of Jacob, and Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers, “
- Fast forward through the lineage to verse 16 —> “and Jacob the father of Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, who is called Christ.”
- Without Judah being born by Leah, with Jacob, the lineage of JC isn’t complete. ………….
- So check this —> Judah was the son of Leah –> the woman that Jacob never wanted —> but what he didn’t want, the Father needed —> it was so critical for Jacob to get Leah, because it brought in the Messiah
- What Jacob didn’t want – the Father needed. Jacob Didn’t want Leah, but God needed Leah for Jacob’s life for a MUCH bigger purpose/story, then just working 7 years for a woman.
- God’s will for Jacob’s life was always Leah – even as Jacob was chasing tirelessly, working extremely hard, and pursuing Rachel. The entire time. Even in those 7 years.
So the question has to be asked men – when we want Rachel for our life, but are given Leah, what do we do?
- We might have worked for “Rachel” SO HARD – pursued and chased after it for so long – but what if God’s will in our life is actually Leah?
- And a lot of times I think it’s easy for us (me for dang sure) to come to the Father saying “I wanted this” or “This is what I thought you had for me and wanted for me” or “Do you not see how much I have been working towards this?” – BUT if God’s will for our life doesn’t lie with whatever our “Rachel” is, it will die. Because sometimes when we’re focused on the wrong thing, God will allow certain things to die so we can focus on what’s going to help us to live – His will for our life. When God doesn’t have your attention – He will disturb what does
- I mean – take a look around – our world is interrupted/disturbed. What has your attention?
- For such a time as this – I think we are literally in the middle of this – an invitation to refocus our intention on what matters. The Lord is orchestrating this for a reason – and I think it has something to do with the invitation to refocus on me and come to me and find rest. Lay down your Rachel and let me bless your life with my will – “Leah” – whatever that may be.
- Because what you may not want (this COVID situation, work situations, fill in the blank) – the Father may need to produce Judah out of your life and story for a much larger purpose.
So what is your Rachel, your Leah, your Judah? Maybe it’s still being fleshed out, maybe you’re in the middle of this wrestle like I am. I didn’t stumble on this sermon/message on accident I can tell you that. This hit home in a way I didn’t know home could get hit. 1000%. I’ve included the sermon link below, if you care to watch it – I hope it challenges and moves you as much as it did me.
Sermon link tied to the BOM —> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O0f1FWO_hI
- 2020 F3 Dad’s Camp: get in touch with Gibbler for more info. Great time for the kids!
- 2020 Murph Challenge: Monday, May 25th –> Dog Pound AO – get in touch with Mayberry for any questions. “If not me, than who?”
- F3 Hike: Saturday, May 16th – get in touch with Abscess or Steam for more info. There’s a cal event in the main F3 GroupMe – look for an event in Slack soon.
- F3 Morristown Pre-Launch Q101/GrowSchool: Saturday, May 23rd – Frank Lorino Park, Morristown, TN – 7am. Clown cars and HIM highly encouraged to go if able
- F3 Morristown Launch: Saturday, June 6th – Frank Lorino Park, Morristown, TN – 7am. Clown cars highly HIGHLY encouraged to show out for the initial launch Q for this new region we’re helping plant