THE SCENE: Warm 83
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Covid-19 as well as welcome
WARM-O-RAMA: SSH, Windmills, Cherry Pickers, Phelps, Big Arm Circles
The Tree Biscuit
As a group, Run to an un-slapped tree, slap it, everyone call out the running burpee total, do A single burpee, repeat.
- A tree only gets tagged once
- Scaling/Modification: Skip a burpee if you need to but stay with the pack always.
- Taggers: Be sure to take turns tagging/slapping a tree
- In Cadence: The group also calls out the running total, not just the tagger. The tagger calls it out first though. the louder the better.
- What’s a Tree: Don’t waste time & energy on shrubs – skip the shrubs – tag the trees
- No Poison Ivy: Pass trees that are surrounded by shrubs, ivy, waist high grass.
- Terrain: Be careful when running not to twist and ankle – trees have lots of bumpy roots around them. And don’t hit your face on a rock or root when doing a burpee in the dirt.
- Milestones: At 50, 100, 150, 200 make sure the group catches up and circles around the tree, wait a few seconds. Do the burpee. Celebrating these milestones adds to the encouragement factor.
It’s not about the numbers but in the spirit of healthy competition here they are:
Previous Tree biscuits from other AO’s
- Juco – 156 – July 23, 2019
- Asylum – 200 – August 8th, 2019
- Truck Stop – 180 – September 25th, 2019
- The Project: 210 – December 10th, 2019
- Shamrock – 216 – May 27, 2020
- The Quacken – 200 – September 9, 2020
In the interest of more burpees, “the Mary” is skipped.
Circle of Men
1 Corinthians 9:24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.
- Remember to hydrate
- Hardship Hill Coming soon.
- Sign up for Q’s!. Link to Q Cal List