THE SCENE: Low Mid 60’s with some light rain
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
start things off with the Disclaimer (He is NOT a professional, refers everyone to take notice of how he is dressed; clearly NOT a professional…1 PAX member commented that Drifter must have had a Blink182 concert to attend after the event…
SSH (IC) x10 slow / x10 fast
Boxer Jacks (IC) x10 slow / x10 fast
Mosey to Grinder:
Lunge forward then backwards
Inchworm Merkins w/hand release
Cherry Picker Stretch (fists on ground, walk legs out to the side and back in)
Merkin Ring of Fire, but as a Wave!
Mtn Climbers (IC) 10x slow / 10x fast
1st leg was approximately 3.2 miles of running until arriving to the Beatdown:
21 Jump Street:
- 21 Pull-ups (side of the Alcoa bridge)
- 21 Burpees (middle of bridge)
- 21 handstand push-ups (far side of bridge)
Run back to start and drop 1 rep. (15 min time limit)
2nd leg was approximately 3.2 miles until arriving to the Beatdown:
Split up into 2 groups and then partner up. Near side of Bicentennial Park bridge do:
- 10 Plank Tri Ext & Derkins Then Wheel Barrel Half of Bridge Switch and come back
- 8 Plank Tri Ext & Derkins Then Wheel Barrel Half of Bridge Switch and come back
- 6 Plank Tri Ext & Derkins Then Wheel Barrel Half of Bridge Switch and come back
- 4 Plank Tri Ext & Derkins Then Wheel Barrel Half of Bridge Switch and come back
- 2 Plank Tri Ext & Derkins Then Wheel Barrel Half of Bridge Switch and come back
Far side of Bicentennial Park Bridge Partner 1 Wall Sits until Partner 2 completes 15 side to side Merkins.
Partner 2 then monster tire walks to replace Partner 1; Partner 1 bear crawls to area to complete side to side Merkins.
3rd leg….who cares how long, we were too far away to quit and had to get back to the car somehow…(another 3… something miles…felt like 10; here we go!).
Split into 3 groups. 1st man plank, 2nd man bear crawl ahead and plank, 3rd slalom bear crawl to front. Remaining PAX continue to slalom bear crawl to the front until team reaches 50 yard line.
Reverse the process, planking person is now facing the sideline while the PAX in motion jump over the planking PAX.
Mosey to jungle gym:
15x Partner reverse-merkins/OHP on monkey bars
15x Leg Throwdowns
4th and final leg was very short, no lies, really short…more like a mosey.
Cap’n Crunch Q:
Starting with 1 exercise, adding another exercise until all 5 exercises are completed in succession. then work back down until only the last exercise is left. 20 seconds per exercise:
- Burpees (20 sec)
- Burpees (20 sec) Dry Docks (20 sec)
- Burpees (20 sec) Dry Docks (20 sec) Narrow Squats (20 sec)
- Burpees (20 sec) Dry Docks (20 sec) Narrow Squats (20 sec) Diamond Merkins (20 sec)
- Burpees (20 sec) Dry Docks (20 sec) Narrow Squats (20 sec) Diamond Merkins (20 sec) High Knees (20 sec)
- High Knees (20 sec) Diamond Merkins (20 sec) Narrow Squats (20 sec) Dry Docks (20 sec) Burpees (20 sec)
- High Knees (20 sec) Diamond Merkins (20 sec) Narrow Squats (20 sec) Dry Docks (20 sec)
- High Knees (20 sec) Diamond Merkins (20 sec) Narrow Squats (20 sec)
- High Knees (20 sec) Diamond Merkins (20 sec)
- High Knees (20 sec)
No PAX were interested in any ladies, specifically Mary by the end of this event!
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
BOM – CSAUP – Bomb Shelter Run (Cap’n Crunch)
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.
I ask not for an easier path, but for stronger feet.
I ask not for weaker enemies, but for a stronger self.
Congratulations brothers, you did it. You embraced the challenge and are victorious. Take and let it sink in…you’ve earned.
I’d like to share something I’ve been thinking about for a while now. F3 has been a life-changing experience for me. Every morning I leave a workout I truly leave better than when I arrived. Lately I’ve been thinking about why that is the case. Here are my observations.
I believe there are two simple truths that we have lost as men:
- The opposite of manhood isn’t womanhood, it’s boyhood
- Manhood isn’t a destination or a journey, it’s a mindset
When we lose the distinction between boyhood and manhood our worlds begin to spin off kilter. We become self-focused, self-protective, self-indulgent and self-reliant. In other words, it becomes all about us. As we reject passivity and accept responsibility for our lives we grow as men in all areas: physically, mentally, relationally and spiritually. We begin to be others-focused, self-sacrificing and interdependent. We begin acting like men.
In this world, three things serve as resistance to our growth as men:
Overcoming these boils down to our mindset. We have to daily set aside a boyhood-mindset and embrace a manhood-mindset. We combat comfort with challenge, we set aside convenience for consistency and we abandon certainty and embrace camaraderie. I see it as two contrasting mindsets:
|A Boyhood-mindset seeks…
||A Manhood-mindset seeks…
Every time we gather, the COP becomes our arena to consistently embrace challenge in the company of like-minded men.
But it’s not enough for us to do this physically. We MUST carry this mindset to all areas of our lives, especially our relationships with our loved ones and with God. Never stop striving for more brothers. Keep embracing new challenges and keep any eye on the six so you can help the man who has stumbled. Together we will make a difference!