THE SCENE: Clear – sunny – the quiet before the storm
- Ruckers step off around 6am
- Abscess & Steam put the finishing planning touches on their Q101
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER – Q101 Style
- *Steam kicks off at 7am on the dot*
- (1) Welcome to F3: Fitness – Fellowship – Faith
- (2) My name is Steam and I am honored to be one of your 2 Qs this morning. Alongside with Abscess we have a great morning coming your way
- (3) A couple things before we begin:
- I’m not a professional
- You’re here on your own volition
- I don’t know any injuries you may or may not have, so if you need to modify anything we do this morning – feel free to do so – but push yourself and the men around you. They deserve it and so do you.
^^^Let’s break this down some more^^^
- F3 starts on time – every time
- The men you’re leading deserve to have their time respected – so do you as the Q
- So whether it’s 0530 or 0700 – start on time
- Give a timeframe warning 5 minutes out, 2 minutes out, 1 minute out, etc – so the men can get ready to roll
- What is this? Why are we here? –> “Welcome to F3: Fitness/Fellowship/Faith
- Whether you’re a seasoned F3 guy or a FNG it’s important for the Q to introduce what this is and why you are here.
- Welcome the men – it’s early (weekdays more than Saturdays) – so welcome the men to F3 – lay out those 3 Fs as well. This is an important way to remind the men that they’re about to take part in F3.
- This is important for FNGs as well – they don’t know what they don’t know.
- Great segway – check to see if you have any FNGs in your midst. Why?
- Because it’s crucial for you as the Q to know who your new guys are so you can have situational awareness as you lead AND for the F3 guys to know who the FNGs are in their midst so they can support them (think of your first time at F3)
- We MUST have vocalized the disclaimer – thus releasing you (the Q) from being legally responsible for the next 45 minutes or 60 minutes. Why?
- Because unless you just really intimately know every single one of the men that showed up to F3 – you probably don’t know any injuries they may or may not have.
- (1) I’m not a professional (even if you are a “professional” – there ain’t no F3 professionals (up for debate….)
- You as the Q are not being paid to be there and the men are not paying to be there
- This speaks to the volunteer leadership F3 pushes – no certifications are necessary to lead F3.
- (2) You’re here on your own volition
- No one is forcing you to be here or stay here. What this is really saying is that you made a conscious choice to be here this morning. THIS MEANS SOMETHING. If they made a conscious choice to wake up early and come to F3 this morning – they deserve to be led – and expect to be led.
- (3) Modify as you need
- There are no DS’s or DI’s at F3. There’s no clipboards and someone breathing down your back watching every single rep.
- When the Q says this, he is reminding the men that are under his command for the next 45 minutes or 60 minutes that they are free to go as hard as they want – but will receive no judgement for the work that they do. If you can do 10 merkins – awesome – do 10 merkins. If you can do 100 merkins – awesome – do 100 merkins.
- When I Q (Steam) – my verbiage is “I don’t know any injuries you may or may not have – so if you need to modify anything we do this morning feel free to do so – but push yourself and the men around you – they deserve it and so do you. ”
- I’m setting the tone with this message as the Q
- No one will judge you if you can’t do every rep BUT there is an expectation to push yourself and the HIM around you.
- Reminder: No man left behind – No man left the same
- If you want to have an introductory/motivational word to share with the men briefly before you step off – this is a great way to set the tone for the morning.
- “The name of the game is one foot in front of the other”
- “You’re here for a reason and so are they – make it count”
- “Carry the fight and keep it there for 60 minutes. That’s what we’re gonna do this morning.”
[ KISS = Keep It Simple Sir ]
[ How to Count: https://f3nation.com/2012/02/22/f3-tv-how-to-count/ ]
- Side-Straddle Hop (SSH): 10 reps, on a 4 count, in cadence –> 10×4 IC
- Rockette: 10×4 IC
- Merkin: 10×4 IC
- Squat: 10×4 IC
*Before you step off on a mosey – post-Warm-O-Rama*
- Make sure there is at least 1 phone within the PAX
- Depending on the AO – the Q will carry a ruck or backpack for keys/wallets/phones/etc
(Mosey over to pull-up bars)
Steam introduced the first evolution/workout below. After done explaining – asked “Questions, comments, concerns?” Why? –> As the Q – it’s important that when you’re leading the workout you planned and are responsible for leading and executing – the men understand what they’re supposed to do and what they’re doing.
(Mosey to Pavilion)
(Mosey to playground)
(Mosey straight across the grass to the path – line from tree)
- 5 Imperial squat walkers (4 count)
(Mosey back to pull-up bars)
- Rinse & Repeat — add is 5 reps each evolution until you finish with 20 reps
- Done? Circle back and finish with someone else
— Transition to 2nd Q (Abscess) —
Start at Pavilion
- First station: Jump Squat Blow Out- 10 JS hold squat for 10 sec, 9 JS hold 10 sec, 8 JS hold 10, 7,6….
- Second Station: Bear crawl 360
- Third: Circle Burp w CMU/Babies
- Fourth: Bo Knows- Battle Buddy exercise- wall sits while BB does high knees
- Fifth: Pommel horse
- Sixth: Bear Blocks
- Angle Grinders(touch knee then merkin)
- Around the Clock
- AL ass kickers
- City Scissors, alphabet (1-4 45° 5-8 parallel)
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM: Abscess
Romans 8:28 – “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
- Don’t get bogged down in everything going on
- Moses brought coffee and protein bars/Steam brought water and powerades
- Gather under the Bombshelter Pavilion
- (1) Q101 Breakdown – Abscess
- Went over the Q101 structure and the “Why” of what we do when we Q
- Check out the link above for Q tips and tricks
- (2) GrowSchool – Steam
- Being a Q and HIM inside and outside F3
- (1) You have been called and equipped to lead
- As high impact men, we are called to lead.
- Why? Because men will always be called upon first.
- Example: God called Adam into a leadership role from the moment he existed – tending to the garden and naming the animals. Likewise, as a leader, Adam was also responsible for who he was charged with leading – Eve. After Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, who did God call? Adam and Eve? No, just Adam. He called Adam first. God will always call “Adam” first.
- (2) The Huddle
- I want to challenge us to start looking at F3 as The Leadership Huddle
- Think about a huddle before every game or even in the middle of a game
- The huddle is designed to pump the players up and remind them of why they’re here and remind them of why they’re in the game.
- When you Q/lead at F3 – you are leading the men in the huddle for 45 minutes or 60 minutes – reminding them why they’re here and why they’re in the game. This happens with all 3 Fs.
- The game? That’s what happens when we leave F3 and the COT. The real game is when we step into our roles as husbands, fathers, sons, co-workers, managers, High Impact Men – outside of F3.