✔ THE SCENE: 75 and a little muggy
✔ F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER – check check 1 2 1 2.. is this thing on? Its free, we’re all crazy to be here at 5:30 and you should never let me lead a workout, you might die – but I’ll bring a cell phone just in case. Iron sharpens iron. I miss and love the JUCO campus and all the HIMs at F3. Great to be here even if Judge Judy coincidentally has a “work event” that prevents his attendance.. Slack whippings will ensue..
And when I come back for a JUCO visit I love to tour the campus. What better way to tour the campus than with the “Deck of Pain” beatdown. So thats what we did today.
Previous executions of the Deck of Pain:
- JUNE 19, 2019 https://www.f3knoxville.com/forgiving-the-deck-of-pain/
- JULY 1, 2019 https://www.f3knoxville.com/juco-deck-of-pain-second-installment/
- JULY 19, 2019 https://www.f3knoxville.com/deck-of-pain-iii/
- DECEMBER 13, 2019 https://www.f3knoxville.com/jailbreak-tour-emmanuel/
- 10 SSH
- 5 burpees
- 10 Cherry Pickers
- 5 burpees
- 10 Windmills
- 5 Burpees
- 10 Imperial Squat Walkers
- 5 Burpees
The Thang: The Fifth installation of the Deck of Pain
Each HIM takes a turn choosing one card from the 16 different exercise location cards. The card is read outloud and once everyone hears and understands where and what it is then we ALL Jailbreak sprint to that location and we all do the exercise. When about the 3rd to the last person gets finished with the exercise then they start a 30 second count down. When 30 seconds is up, the next HIM chooses a card from the deck. And repeat until clock runs out. Here are the cards:
- 2 Rec Center Stair assents with the CMU (right next to the CMU pile)
- 30 Rec Center Pull-ups
- 50 CMU Curls (at the CMU Pile )
- 30 Lake Lunges (single count lunges at the lake)
- 30 Panther (top of Sophmore hill) Pickle Pounders
- Burpee Base Run ( 3 burpee per base on baseball diamond)
- 5 Stadium Hill Runs (on Success way)
- 30 Guard Rail Derkins (behind Maple Street)
- 3 Reverse Bear Crawl loop in front of ERC Building.
- Alternating Side straddles in Parking Lot 05 (go one full lot length – alternate on each row of stalls)
- Bernie two lengths of the Welcome Way Parking Lot (the biggest lot on campus).
- 40 CMU Push Presses (by CMU pile)
- Art Center Burpee Broad Jumps (2 lengths)
- 30 Brick Dips (@ low brick wall)
- 1 Inner Sanctum Bear Crawl Loop
- 10 Maintenance Hand Stand push ups
Today we drew cards: 12, 16, 8, 7, 13, 15, 9, 2
Total exhaustion was had by all. 🙂
MARY: Who needs Mary?
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
2 Kings 6:15 is becoming one of my favorite verses. Read and paraphrased it a little and reminded men to not be afraid – God is on our side…
Now the king of Aram was at war with Israel. After conferring with his officers, he said, “I will set up my camp in such and such a place.”
9 The man of God sent word to the king of Israel: “Beware of passing that place, because the Arameans are going down there.” 10 So the king of Israel checked on the place indicated by the man of God. Time and again Elisha warned the king, so that he was on his guard in such places.
11 This enraged the king of Aram. He summoned his officers and demanded of them, “Tell me! Which of us is on the side of the king of Israel?”
12 “None of us, my lord the king,” said one of his officers, “but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the very words you speak in your bedroom.”
13 “Go, find out where he is,” the king ordered, “so I can send men and capture him.” The report came back: “He is in Dothan.” 14 Then he sent horses and chariots and a strong force there. They went by night and surrounded the city.
15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.
16 “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
17 And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.