THE SCENE: Perfect. Low 70s, nice breeze, sunny
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER Check
- SSH, 20 IC
- Bolt 45s (15 top ½ squats, 15 bottom ½ squats, 15 full squats)
- 5 PCMBs OYO
- 10 Plank Jacks (4-ct, IC)
- 10 Windmills (4-ct, IC)
- Baby Arm Circles Forward (x10, 4 Ct, IC) and backward (x10, 4 Ct, IC)
- Mosey to grassy field below Admin building.
- RECTANGLE OF DEATH!!!! (Q was not too original with the name…) Cones set up in rectangle.
- Run suicides on long sides, but Bernie Sanders back to baseline instead of turning around. Run to ¼, ½, ¾, and full length.
- Short sides, Burpee Broad Jumps (3 jumps then a Burpee)
- Do exercise listed at the corner. Do 5 reps of each exercise the first lap, then 10, then 15
- Corner 1: Mountain Climbers (2-ct), Tempo Squats, Iron Mikes (both legs =1) (5x/10x/15x)
- Corner 2: Hand Release Merkins, Carolina Dry Docks, and Shoulder Taps (both shoulders = 1) (5x/10x/15x)
- Corner 3: Star Jumps, Smurf Jacks, Bobby Hurleys (5x/10x/15x)
- Corner 4: Big Boy Situps, American Hammers (2-ct), and box cutters (4-ct) (5x/10x/15x)
Only did two laps… too many other fun things to do. Plus these were hard as heck and Q was out of breath.
- Mosey to CMU pile.
- CMU Farmer Carries!
- Line up on Curb. Take turns lugging two CMUs around perimeter of parking lot. Rest of PAX will be running back and forth across parking lot doing merkins at one end and squats at the other. 5x/10x/15x, rinse and repeat. Keep repeating until everyone has carried the CMUs. Tank, Lillydipper, and maybe one other PAX I’m forgetting volunteered to team up and do an extra lap to keep company with the last person to carry the CMUs, exmplifying the sacrifice and No Man Left Behind philosophy of F3. Tank did it while battling calf cramps. Beast.
- Hat tip to Judge Judy!
- CMU Farmer Carries!
- Get a partner. One partner runs straight normal, the other Bernie Sanders up Baby Cardiac. Switch half way up. At top do 10 patty-cake merkins.
- Mosey to AO.
No time. Barely made it back to the AO.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
13 strong! (J-Lo and Thunderstruck not tagged)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
I recently revisited the book Lonesome Dove, which truly is a Great American Novel, and has countless memorable quotes and words of wisdom in it. It’s a tale of an ambitious (but tragic) cattle drive undertaken by two ex-Rangers-turned-cattle-ranchers, Gus and Call, from Texas to Montana. During the drive, a woman companion on the trip, Lorie, a gentle soul who has led a difficult life surrounded by men who take advantage of her, is abducted by Comanches and is treated brutally while she is prisoner. She survives and is rescued, but has many scars, both physically and psychologically. She decides she needs to strike out on her own and finally realize a dream of hers to travel to California and start a new life. In a letter that Gus writes to Lorie when she sets off, he says: “You see, life in San Francisco is still just life. If you want any one thing too badly, it’s likely to turn out to be a disappointment. The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things – like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself.”
The message is pretty clear… The grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the fence. If you’re always looking ahead, you will miss the enjoyment of the present. If you are always chasing a dream, you will not realize the simple pleasures of the present that are Gifts from God.
- Take pleasure in the simple things. Life is what you make of it.
- The trap we often fall into is looking at someone else’s situation and thinking that I wish I had what they have. The reality is what they have may not be as good as it appears as we stand in our field looking across at theirs.
- Phillipians 4:11-12 And I am not saying this because I feel neglected, for I have learned to be satisfied with what I have. I know what it is to be in need and what it is to have more than enough. I have learned this secret, so that anywhere, at any time, I am content, whether I am full or hungry, whether I have too much or too little.
Several members of the PAX have friends and family members battling serious illnesses. We are thinking of them and keeping them in our prayers.