THE SCENE: Sunny and hot, temps in low 90’s.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
20 Side-Straddle Hops, 10 Plank Position Sky Reaches, 10 Rockettes, 10 Baby to Wide Arm Circles Forward, 10 Baby to Wide Arm Circles Backward, 10 Cherry Pickers.
Mosey to Stop Sign at Southeast Corner of Admin Bldg. Go to road and down hill on east side of road. We will do elevens starting with 1 Big Boy Sit-up on bottom of hill and 10 Squat Jumps on top.
Mosey to grassy area across street from water plant bldg. There will be four cones set up. We will do the following exercises at each cone in sequence and move between cones as listed:
- Cone 1: 1. 20 Smurf Jacks. 2. 20 Plank Jacks 3. 20 Sky Jacks (Bernie Sanders to Cone 2)
- Cone 2: 1. 20 Hand Release Merkins. 2. 20 Carolina Dry Docks. 3. 20 Diamond Merkins. (Bear Crawl to Cone 3)
- Cone 3: 1. 20 American Hammers 4 count. 2. 20 Hello Dollies 4 Count. 3. 20 Flutter Kicks 4 Count. (Sprint to Cone 4)
- Cone 4: 1. 10 Shoulder Taps each shoulder. 2. 10 Mountain Climbers 4 count. 3. 10 Iron Mikes 4 count (Bear Crawl to Cone 1)
Mosey to Area 51. We will run up hill, stopping to do 5 Burpees at each of four landmarks, the last being the tree by the road that goes back to the Admin Bldg. Parking Lot. We will then do 20 Bicycle Kicks at the top of the road.
Mosey to Bat House. We will go down stairs and do 15 Baby Crunches at bottom of stairs. We then run to piney area near top of Mt. Everest and do 15 more Baby Crunches. We then run up to the Summit of Mt. Everest and do 15 more Baby Crunches. Finally, we run back to Bat House and do 15 Baby Crunches.
Mosey to AO.
20 Right side crunches and 20 Left side crunches
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
Nine men, no FNG’s.
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
A friend of mine who lives near Chattanooga sent me an awesome article from the Labor Day edition of the Times Free Press of Chattanooga. The article talked about our F3 brothers in that community. The link to the article is attached below. The article meant a great deal to me for several reasons:
- Us Knoxville guys helped start the first AO in Chattanooga.
- Our brothers are doing great things in that community. They now have eight workout groups there.
- The article discusses how across the United States feelings of social isolation and loneliness are increasing according to the American Psychological Association.
- The article discussed how one study, published in the journal Perspectives on Psychological Science found social isolation to have the same risk factors for death as obesity.
- The article talks about how F3 helps men to be more fit but also breaks up the patterns among men of isolation and loneliness.
- The article talks about how the Faith component of F3 gets men to think about things greater than the individual and think of ways to improve the community.
Here it the link to the article: https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2019/sep/02/inside-mens-groabout-more-just-exercise/502599/.
Prayers for Jinxy who has been found to have some matter around his heart, for Simba’s wife who has heart surgery tomorrow, and for Mr. Roger’s and his family who lost their son, Garrett.
Funeral for Garrett this Sunday.