THE SCENE: Warm, windy, wet and very very DARK
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
- SSH IC x 20
- 4ct Merkins IC x 10
- Tempo Squats IC x 10
- Cherry Pickers IC x 5
Played a game of Dirty Santa. PAX numbered off & picked gifts from the bucket in numerical order. PAX had the choice of drawing a new gift, or if they’re feeling especially sadistic, they could choose to “steal” a gift from a previous PAX and we would repeat the stolen exercise. Sadly no one stole….here were the gifts chosen (not in order chosen:
- Stay where you are. 20 Speed Skaters, 20 Carolina Dry Docks, 20 Reverse Lunges, 20 Flamingo toe touches.
- Indian Run while singing Here Comes Santa Claus. Stop once each PAX has been the “indian” 3 times. We quickly found out we don’t know the words to this song so we changed it to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer…
- Mosey to soccer field. Burpee Broad Jump across the narrow width of the field.
- Mosey to another soccer field. Wind Sprint the length of the field. Start at 25%, then increase to 50%, 75% & 100%. Rinse & Repeat x 3.
- Stay where you are. 10 Burpees, 10 Thrust Merkins, 10 Smurfjacks, 10 Plankjacks. Rinse & Repeat x 3.
- Mosey to concrete bleachers. Incline Merkins x 50, Decline Merkins x 50, Box Jumps x 50
- Mosey to playground. 10 Pullups, 10 Burpees, 10 Plankjacks, 10 Squatjumps. Rinse & Repeat x 2.
- Mosey to soccer field. Inchworm Merkin across the short length of the field.
- Stay at soccer field. Bernie Sanders across the field, then Groucho walk back across.
- Back at the AO. Monkey Humpers while singing Jingle Bells.
- Flutter kicks x 15
- Gas Pumps x 15
- Box cutters x 15
- Hello Dollys x 15
- Slutter kicks x 15
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
10 PAX: Mayberry, Frosty, Booger, Hammock, Waxjob, Sharpie, Showcase, Gibbler, Butters, Bartman
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Jesus Christ is the real meaning of Christmas. This morning we took time to listen to the Christmas Story from Luke 2:
2 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register. 4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them. 8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” 15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.” 16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told. 21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived.