THE SCENE: 40s – FEELS GOOD
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
- Welcome to F3: Fitness-Fellowship-Faith
- My name is Steam and I’ll be your Q this morning
- Couple of things;
- Despite popular belief I’m not a professional
- You’re here on your own volition
- You know your body better than anyone – if you need to modify anything we do today – do it. But push yourselves and those around you!
- SSH: 11×4 IC
- Half-Burpee: 11×4 IC
- Imperial Walker: 11×4 IC
- Windmill: 11×4 IC
- Iron Mikes: 11×4 IC
- The Quarter Pounder
- Battle buddy it up
- BB1: Big Boy sit-ups (feet under rail)
- BB2: Sprint to stairs going up to bridge = 25 merkins (1-count)
- R&R 2x for each battle buddy
[ Mosey to Bridge overlooking Cumberland Avenue/The Hill ]
- UT Wins, You Win – Papa Johns
- Line up in merkin plank facing UT
- Man in the back leads PAX in 2 merkins (up/down = 1)
- Sprints to the first position
- R&R until we’ve made it across
[ Mosey to bottom of parking lot across from WFP ]
- 2 curves in the lot
- Each curve = 25 V-Ups
- 2 laps
[ Mosey to hill leading up to WFP ]
- American Indian Run
- TAKE THE HILL
[ Back at AO ]
- All my benches
- Correct-form box jumps (Up/Down = 1
- Ring of Fire
- Each HIM leads PAX in 14 reps of an exercise
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
5 PAX – No FNGs
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
TGIM – Thank God It’s Monday. “Thanks for being out here this morning men, and pushing hard. This has nothing to do with you, nothing to do with me. Some people didn’t wake up with breath in their lungs this morning, you did. Thank God it’s Monday and the creator let us get physical in his creation.”
Usually what we hear about Mondays is negative and along the lines of “ugh I hate Mondays” or “here we go again.”
YES. HERE WE GO AGAIN – LET’S ROCK!
Monday is the best day of the week. A chance to do a little better than you did last week. A fresh start. Embrace Mondays as a fist-bump or slap on the back from our Divine Creator.
Think of Monday as the start of a race, in a far larger race that has been going on for years (25 for me). Hebrews 12 gives us the race, the gut-check, and the reassurance that this is a race that cannot be shaken.
12:1-2 (Jesus, Founder & Perfecter of our Faith) = are the introduction. This is the action item, this is the intro to the race, and a reminder of the race official and who HE is, regardless of who or when we are.
12:3-17 (Do Not Grow Weary) = For me this is the gut-check/slap motivational youtube video you watch at 3pm to psych yourself up for the rest of the workday. Do. Not. Grow. Weary. The race we run as High Impact Men is long. And it is hard. And it is full of curves and cracks in the road. And it is life-giving. How do you refuel when you get tired/weary in a race/OCR/GORUCK event? How do you refuel in the race you run in life?
12:18-29 (A Kingdom That Cannot Be Shaken) = As sons of the most-high King – we run a race that is set for the kingdom, a kingdom that cannot be shaken. This is the reassurance and light that the race we run is worthy of fighting hard for and pressing further in for.
Keep the Faith & Fight the Good Fight!
Check out the Q calendar on the F3 website – we need men to step up and lead! Grab a battle buddy and lead together!
Goliath at the Gorge/2nd F with F3 Northeastern TN this Friday-Saturday in Johnson City. It ain’t too late – contact Abscess, Tank, Steam to get more info and how to be a part of what is for sure going to be a character building weekend with PAX from around our state.
P.S. = GO VOLS. WE WANT BAMA.