THE SCENE: Not too hot, not to cool. Just perfect for a Charmin return to the Brickyard.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Everybody knows the drill
One minute and 23 sec late waiting for Belding, but we got started with:
SSH x 20, IC; Tempo Squats x20, IC; Tie Fighters x 10 each direction, IC
Lotta legs today, men:
- Burpee Dans: Start with 4 lunges, then 4 burpees, rinse and repeat to the end of the parking lot, run back to start and again, only 3 burpees this time. Rinse and repeat 2 more times, dropping a burpee each round.
- Time for Aiken Legs: 20 of each of the following: Squats, box jumps, Mary Catherines (let me see those jazz hands!), reverse lunges. Rinse and repeat.
- Mosey to the football field for 7 of diamonds. Corners are 30 yards apart. 4 complete rounds, stopping at each corner to complete a set of exercises. Increase by 7 reps each round. Start with burpees (7 at each corner), then flutter kicks, 4 ct (14 at each corner), then Merkins (21 at each corner), then squats (28 at each corner).
- Offered the Pax an audible away from squats. Belding said no way. So, it’s Death by Squats. In circle formation, start with 10 jump squats, then 10 squats, then 9 jump squats and 10 squats, then 8 jump squats and 10 squats. So on and so forth down to 1 jump squat.
- Take a leg break: Mosey across the field. At each 10 yard line, do 20 BBS. 100 total.
- Back to the AO.
Ring of Fire, some Howling Monkeys and a few box cutters till Recovery.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
All you need is love — The Beatles. Sounds simple enough till we read what real love looks like from the Apostle Paul:
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8. Love is hard, but if we work to follow the Lord’s command, we will find that the Beatles are generally right. A difference between a HIM and a sad clown is the HIM wakes up every day intent on trying to practice love, even though we’ll fail at it in some way each day. Keep at it!
Prayers for Natty’s friend Hill and his recovery, for Natty’s 2.0 Audrey as she drives to the beach with a friend (and for Natty and the M for peace of mind), for the Belding and the Hardin Valley Academy community as Belding leads them through graduation, that it goes smoothly and is truly a time of celebration. Big praises for Tuba’s M for a permanent position as music director at their church and the opportunity to minister.
Belding might be available to mow yards, apparently, if the pay is right. He has the equipment.