THE SCENE: Find out before the virtual coffeteria on Saturday morning.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
20 Side-Straddle Hops, 15 Second Squat, 10 Burpees, 30 Second Squat, 10 Windmills, 45 Second Squat, 10 Cherry Pickers, 60 Second Squat, 10 Little Baby Arm Circles Forward and 10 Backward
I have no idea how long the following will take. Stop exercises if an hour goes by.
Run from the driveway of your home or from wherever you may be (home-based AO) for about 3 minutes. Lunge back toward home-based AO for about 30 seconds, then run the rest of the way.
Pick out four corners that you can move between that are about 20 yards apart. You can actually just run back and forth between two spots if you can not create four corners with that amount of distance. You will go around the four corners four times, stopping to do the first exercise the first time around, second exercise the second time around, etc. Here are the exercises and the ways that you will get to each corner:
- Corner 1: 20 Hello Dollies, 20 Flutter Kicks (4 ct), 20 Bicycle Kicks (4 ct), 20 Box Cutters. Bernie Sanders to Corner 2 between each listed exercise.
- Corner 2: 20 Box Jumps, 20 High Knees (both legs = 1), 20 Iron Mikes (both legs = 1), 10 Burpees. Sprint to Corner 3 between each exercise.
- Corner 3: 20 Carolina Dry Docks, 20 Merkins, 10 Hand Release Merkins, 20 Diamond Merkins. Hop to Corner 4 between each exercise.
- Corner 4: 20 Mountain Climbers (both legs = 1), 15 Shoulder Taps (both shoulders = 1), 20 Plank Jacks, 20 Big Boy Sit-ups. Lunge to Corner 4 between each exercise.
Next, you will sprint from your home based AO for thirty seconds, walk for 30 second, sprint for 30, walk for 30, until you have done this five times or five minutes. Turn around and mosey back to your home-based AO.
Pick a distance of about 20 yards. You will do the following exercise back and forth between that 20 yard space:
- Bernie Sanders
- Running with high knees
- Bear Crawl (standing to lunge if it gets too difficult)
- Grapevine Right (this is where you move sideways interchanging legs)
- Grapevine Left (same thing as above but leading with left foot)
20 Big Boy Sit-Ups, 20 Imperial Walker, 20 Dive Bombers. If you still have time left, rinse and repeat the 4 corners exercises listed above until your time is up.
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
My daughter found this poem and passed it on to our family. I am passing it on to you.
“Pandemic,” a Poem by Lynn Ungar
With special thanks to our good friend Joe Jansen, who sent me this poem, and to the website Science and Nonduality where it appeared … here is “Pandemic” by San Francisco poet Lynn Ungar, www.lynnungar.com.
What if you thought of it
as the Jews consider the Sabbath—
the most sacred of times?
Cease from travel.
Cease from buying and selling.
Give up, just for now,
on trying to make the world
different than it is.
Sing. Pray. Touch only those
to whom you commit your life.
And when your body has become still,
reach out with your heart.
Know that we are connected
in ways that are terrifying and beautiful.
(You could hardly deny it now.)
Know that our lives
are in one another’s hands.
(Surely, that has come clear.)
Do not reach out your hands.
Reach out your heart.
Reach out your words.
Reach out all the tendrils
of compassion that move, invisibly,
where we cannot touch.
Promise this world your love–
for better or for worse,
in sickness and in health,
so long as we all shall live.
As brothers of F3 lets reach out and promise the world our love and strength, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health.
I am praying for you brothers during this coronavirus epidemic!
Virtual coffeeteria at 8 am this morning!!