Yo. Welcome to F3 Knoxville’s Remote WOD #1. While this might not follow our typical beatdown at any given AO, hopefully this will provide a way for you to get after it, just like we normally do all together.
Wherever you find yourself at today, carve out some time and put in some work. Your F3 brothers around our region will be rocking this at different times throughout the day. Even remotely, there are still ways to lock shields and stay in the fight. Let’s get it done today High Impact Men!
The Scene: Wednesday, March 18, 2020: 12am – 12am.
- Home, driveway, park, etc. Give yourself some room.
- Probably not a gym…….
Timeframe: This is on you. Hold yourself accountable just like you would at a normal F3 workout. Just because this is a virtual Q, it doesn’t mean you can’t call-out/push a battle-buddy, just gonna look different.
Safety-Brief: Obviously you’re doing this on your own volition. Push yourself just like you do at F3. Go ahead and get it in your mind that you’re not going to quit. Audibly tell yourself “I will not quit.”
It’s 3/25/2020 – so guess what number we’re going to be circling around today? 25.
SSH (Side-Straddle-Hops): 25 straight up (1 count)
- SSH (Side-Straddle Hop): 25 x 4 (4 count)
Imperial Walker: 25 straight up (1 count)
- Imperial Walker: 25 x 4 (4 count)
Rockette: 25 straight up (1 count)
- Rockette: 25 x 4 (4 count)
B.A.A.C. (Big Ass Arm Circles): 25 straight up – forward (1 count)
- B.A.A.C. (Big Ass Arm Circles): 25 x 4 – backwards (4 count)
Jump Rope (real or simulate the motion): 25 straight up (1 count)
- Jump Rope (real or simulate the motion): 25 x 4 (4 count)
Leg Swings: 25 straight up – each leg (1 count)
- Leg Swings: 25 x 4 – each leg (4 count)
- Find something to hold on to and execute leg swings (backwards to forwards)
[ 25 is the # of the day – should be good. ]
- ) Quarter Pounder – Top Bun
- 25 merkins (incline/decline/wide/diamond/normal – dealer’s choice. (1 count)
- 25 squats (1 count)
- 25 situps (1 count)
- 25 ____________. – dealer’s choice. What’s an exercise you like to do? Have a CMU or weight at home? Have a sandbag? Pick an exercise you like to do and crush it. I’ll be doing 25 sandbag deadlifts. Whatever it is – 25 1 counts and kill it.
(Rinse & Repeat for a total of 3x = 300 reps total)
[ 25 seconds of rest ]
2. ) 25 Minutes – 5 Xs – The Meat + Stuff Between the Buns
- You have 5 minutes to do each exercise AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible)
- Set a timer on your phone/watch for 5 minutes and knock it out. In between each set knock out 25 squats (1 count)
- The Xs
- Push-Ups (any and all kinds)
- SSHs (Side Straddle Hops) (1 count or 4 count)
- Curls (find a brick or 3, CMU, a kid, a case of beer, SOMETHING, and knock out some curls (post a pic of what you’re curling in the GroupMe lol)
[ 25 seconds of rest ]
3. ) Quarter Pounder – The Bottom Bun
- 25 man-makers/8-count body builders (take it as slow as you need – exercise good form)
- 25 Iron Mikes (1 count)
- 25 180 degree jump squats (1 count)
- 25 merkins (1 count)
[ Breathe ]
You guessed it – core work broken up by 25.
- 25 situps (1 count)
- 25 American Hammers
- 25 Spidermans (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K7rv_vFOWM) <— minus the crawl unless you just REALLY want to
- 25 Box cutters (1 count)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
^^^ Watch This ^^^
This comes from the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the first Movie (1st book second chapter for book people), The Fellowship of the Ring. Let’s see if I can get through this without shedding a tear or TYPE YELLING. This stuff fires me up.
The transcript of the above clip goes like this:
Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.
First of all, Tolkien is a genius. Fact. I will go back to the LOTR again and again in BOMs because of the parallels he makes with the Christian faith and following Jesus biblically.
If this doesn’t capture our nation/world right now I don’t know what does. When I watched this clip and read this again, it did 2 things for me.
- Regret/Despair: “I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.”
- Why is this happening? Our country is being brought to its knees and is being torn apart politically and spiritually and morally. People are dying everyday and this thins keeps taking lives. Another translation: This is a really sad, messed up time. I wish none of this had happened.
- Lives – gone. Thriving businesses – gone. Economy – gone (eh). This is seemingly ripping us as a nation and world apart. THIS? Something we can’t even see?
- An encouraging pat on the shoulder.
- “So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” —– We are here. This is where we are. There’s no changing that. This is exactly when and where we’re supposed to be. And no, none of that “Well if we had caught this thing early on and been more prepared…” No. Maybe/possibly, but no. Do not accept that. The moment you accept that as truth is the moment you accept that the creator of heaven and earth, the one and true God failed to be sovereign and in control. I believe we are exactly when and where we’re supposed to be, even in our current situation. We’re here for a reason. Our days our numbered. Since the beginning of time. We don’t know that number. What I do know is that I’ve been redeemed by a God that purposefully and intentionally placed me right when and where I am right now for his glory. Even in the midst all this________ (fill in the blank).
- “There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.” —– The enemy – a very present and cunning enemy – is using everything that’s going on to instill fear, doubt, hopelessness, anger, sadness, etc etc into our world. HE CANNOT AND WILL NOT WIN OR PREVAIL. Why? Because there is another force that is FOR US so who can stand against us? There is another force at work that counters that of evil, that overtakes that of evil and destruction. So who can stand against us? With this logic – and the logic from knowing we have a sovereign God, situation A was meant to happen, meaning that Situation B COULD happen. What if, for just a second, we wrapped our minds around the fact that this COVID-19 is happening so that more people could come to Christ? An encouraging thought might look something like this:
- And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 8:18-39
What’s our role as HIM in this battle?
OTB (Off The Books) are strongly……I say again, strongly discouraged for the next 2 weeks in the midst of the COVID-19 emergency. Yes everything we do is on your own volition, whether it’s a normal F3 workout or an OTB workout. However, with everything going on – encourage and support each other to stay active and in the fight, just from home and not in big groups like we’re used to in F3. I’m pleading with you guys – please be safe if you choose to do OTBs – but what F3 Knoxville, your city, your state, and your country are asking of you is to stay home. And as High Impact Men – I like to think we’re expected to do so. To set the standard for others. To set the standard for ourselves and our brothers. Our families. Fill in the blank. You can still be a hero and be smart. We don’t want you or those you love to be a statistic – we want you to stay with us and lead from the front, the middle, and the rear. Now more than ever.