I pray you are enjoying another beautiful East Tennessee weekend! We have a lot going on for the next few weeks.
Take a minute to read about everything, make your HCs and let’s enjoy this incredible fall weather.
Our website is live…www.f3knoxville.com!
We are working hard to get all existing PAX registered on the website. Along with weekly emails we are working to having all the Q registration run through the website. This will be a HUGE help for scheduling and communication.
For all this to work, we need your help. If you haven’t done so, head over and register on the website using the link below. You will NOT get spammed. Your email address will NOT be shared with anyone.
To get registered, click this link and input the 4 pieces of requested info: https://www.f3knoxville.com/signup/ It’s that simple, takes about 60 seconds. So take that minute right now, click the link and get set up!
This Week’s Workouts
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park (The Asylum), 5:30am-6:15am – Proton on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Pellissippi College (JUCO), 5:30am-6:15am – Bartman on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Concord Park (The Dog Pound), 5:30am-6:15am – Waxjob on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, World’s Fair Park (Big Ball), 5:30am-6:15am – ? on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park, (The Asylum), 5:30am-6:15am – ? on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Springbrook Park (The Bomb Shelter), 5:30am-6:15am – La-Z-Boy on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park (The Asylum), 5:45pm-6:30pm – Roadshow on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park (The Asylum), 5:30am-6:15am – Ribbed on Q
– Bells & Ropes, Concord Park (The Dog Pound), 5:30am-6:15am – ? on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Concord Park (The Dog Pound), 5:30am-6:15am – Shooter on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, World’s Fair Park (Big Ball), 5:30am-6:15am – Steam on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park, (The Asylum), 5:30am-6:15am – Cap’n Crunch on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Springbrook Park (The Bomb Shelter), 5:30am-6:15am – Moses on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park (The Asylum), 5:45pm-6:30pm – Bandwagon on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park (The Asylum), 5:30am-6:15am – Bartman on Q
– Rucking, Bob Leonard Park (The Truck Stop), 5:00am-6:00am – I-Beam on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park (The Asylum), 7:00am-8:00am – Crawdad on Q
– Truckin’ to the Pound!, meet at Bob Leonard Park (The Truck Stop) at 6:00am – Mayberry on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Bob Leonard Park (The Truck Stop), No Workout – Head to Truckin’ to the Pound
– Bootcamp Workout, Springbrook Park (The Bomb Shelter), No Workout – Head to Truckin’ to the Pound
***THREE OPEN Q’s…if you can take Tuesday morning at either Big Ball or the Asylum or Wednesday morning at the Dog Pound let me know by replying to this email ASAP AND to to the calendar on the website to sign up (https://www.f3knoxville.com/q-calendar/?/list/calendar/range/week/date/20171015)***
October CSAUP Event – Truckin’ to the Pound – NEXT SATURDAY!!!
Our first official F3 Knoxville CSAUP Event is just a couple of weeks away! This event is free and open to all men in Knoxville.
The event will start at the Truck Stop AO at 6:00am, Saturday October 28. The PAX will travel to the Dog Pound AO (approximately 9 miles total), stopping for 4 mini-Qs along the way. We will make the journey together…it will be epic! Mark the date on your calendar and plan on spending the morning pushing your limits and having a great time in the process.
F3 Knoxville 2-Year Anniversary – Saturday, November 4 (TWO WEEKS)
Celebrate F3 Knoxville’s 2nd anniversary with a workout in the morning and a fun afternoon of fellowship!
F3 Knoxville launched on a damp Saturday morning on November 7 2015. Over the past two years, literally hundreds of men have come out to the gloom to get better. We have exercised in the heat, the snow and the rain, and watched the sun come up. Men have grown physically and spiritually, and lasting friendships have been made. This PAX has continually inspired the rest of F3 Nation, and is only getting stronger.
On Saturday November 4, we want to celebrate. We will have a convergence workout at the the Asylum that morning, bringing all the PAX together. That afternoon, we will get to fellowship with each other while having a potluck dinner (see instructions below), an “awards” ceremony and a fun game for the wives and kids. The festivities will be from 2:00pm to 6:00pm at McFee park (933 McFee Rd. Knoxville, 37934)
This is going to be a family event so bring the whole crew…girlfriend, wife, kids, friends or someone that you just met today! The F3 “Awards” nomination form is attached in an excel doc below. Please take a minute to fill it out and email it back to Tank. Even if you can’t make it to the gathering, please take a minute to fill it out and send it to Tank!
For the Potluck, La-Z-Boy has put together an online sign up sheet. Please click below or cut and paste to sign up to bring something. The link to the sign up is: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d45ada82faafe3-f3potluck
I, Cap’n Crunch, want to personally encourage and exhort you…come out and be a part of what you have built! Even if it has been a while since you’ve seen the gloom, take this weekend as an opportunity to hit the restart button. Looking forward to seeing everyone at McFee Park on the 4th. Reach out to someone you haven’t seen in a while, let them know they are missed and we are holding their spot in the COT. No man left behind, no man left the same!
A Battle Fight, an Adventure to Live, a Beauty to Rescue…and More
“Deep in his heart,
every man longs for a battle to fight,
an adventure to live,
and a beauty to rescue.”
– John Eldredge, Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man’s Soul
I still remember reading those words from John Eldredge for the first time over 15 years ago. They unlocked something in me and launched me on a journey that still inspires me today. Since I first read those words, I have had countless ups and downs. Times where I felt like I was winning, but more times where I felt like I was confused and lost. Through it all, my awareness of a larger story kept me stumbling forward.
I went back and looked at a journal I had when I first read Wild at Heart. I found something interesting. While the battle, adventure and beauty spoke deeply to me, I always thought there was something missing. I went so far as to add it to my notes on the book in my journal. I did so because I realized something, I can never be the man I want to be, was made to be, alone. Along with a battle, adventure and beauty…I need a brotherhood! I need men who are different from me, but fell the same stirring that I do to lock shields with. Men that I can encourage and support, and that can encourage and support me. I can’t fulfill my destiny alone, no one can. We were never meant to. Once we awaken to the story God is inviting us into he wants us to unite with others on the same journey.
After nearly 15 years of searching, I found my tribe. The men of this PAX inspire me to stay in the fight, to embrace the adventure and to love selflessly my beauty. There are countless other sad clowns in our city that need the same. We must never become complacent. When we misstep, recommit and get back in the fight. When we see a brother falling back, circle around and help him. We don’t have to escape our world to life fully, we have to embrace it and draw strength from the men on our left and right.
I look forward to enjoying the cool fall mornings with the men of this PAX. Have a restful evening, and then let’s get after it in the morning!
Strength and Honor,