THE SCENE: Surprisingly warm, post rain
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Appetizer: SSH (4ct) x 25; CP x 5; Tie Fighters x 13 each way
We all jump in the family station wagon for a trip to grandma’s house for dinner (Mosey up the hill to the lower trail. The buffet has been set out and we work our way around, filling the plate:
- Mashed potatoes and gravy = Tempo squats x 25
- Dressing (and more gravy) = American Hammers x 25
- Turkey and Cranberry Sauce = Tempo Merkins x 25
- Sweet Potato Casserole = Smurf Jacks (4 ct) x 25
- Brussel Sprouts roasted with bacon = Hello Dollies (4 ct) x 25
- Yeast Rolls = Carolina Dry Docks x 25
We know we’re gonna have seconds, so we head back around to earn those extra portions. At each station, we take turns giving thanks to something in particular.
- Next is dessert: Mosey to the overlook to earn some pie with 10 8 count man-makers.
- Finally, it’s time to do the dishes. Run the loop at the overlook (it is shaped like a platter, after all). Then mosey back to the AO
Just enough time for Waffle House to lead us in some ATMs and a couple BBQ squats and we’re done.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
1863 was one of the worst years in our country’s history. And yet, President Lincoln saw fit to proclaim the last Thursday of November a National Day of Thanksgiving, the first time it was a national holiday. We should all read that proclamation from time to time to remind us of the bounty that God’s grace has bestowed upon us, even if it is not immediately apparent. You can read it here: http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/thanks.htm
- As Paul said: “for I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.” Rom 8:18
Prayer requests: Ribbed and his family; Cheatsheet’s mom and for national healing; Assfault’s family; Full House’s wife and family; safe travels for those on the road.
Happy Thanksgiving. Let’s spend a moment of quiet contemplation on what we should be truly thankful for and recognize that those things flow from God’s grace and mercy.