THE SCENE: Equalizer It was warm but a little cooler than it has been. The tennis courts would like a hot stone treatment
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
SSH, merkins and such
Hit the track. At each cone do exercise listed Qty 20 on first lap, then subtract 5 each lap. Exercises are:
- Pull ups
- Squat jumps
detour into tennis court. Do bear crawl from gate to gate. Then get back on track
- Lunges Each leg
- Dry docks
- imperial walkers
mosey to tennis court for some suicides with Merkins. Nine lines.
We circled up on the tennis courts for some dealers choice at work including marine Burpee’s, flutter kicks, hello dollies, etc.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Get out your hot plate people.
I’m going to describe some people….
- Attend church fairly regularly. It is what is expected of them, what they believe “good Christians” do, so they go.
- Give money to charity and to the church… as long as it doesn’t impinge on their standard of living. If they have a little extra and it is easy and safe to give, they do so.
- Desire to fit in both at church and outside of church; they care more about what people think of their actions than what God thinks of their hearts and lives.
- Don’t really want to be saved from their sin; they want only to be saved from the penalty of their sin.
- Are moved by stories about people who do radical things for Christ, yet they do not act. Lukewarm people call “radical” what Jesus expected of all His followers.
- Rarely share their faith with their neighbors, coworkers, or friends. They do not want to be rejected, nor do they want to make people uncomfortable by talking about private issues like religion.
- Gauge their morality or “goodness” by comparing themselves to the secular world. They feel satisfied that they are nowhere as horrible as the guy down the street.
- Say they love Jesus, and He is a part of their lives. But only a part. They give Him a section of their time, money, thoughts, but He isn’t allowed to control their lives.
- Love God, but they do not love Him with all their heart, soul, and strength.
- Love others but do not seek to love others as much as they love themselves.
* How many of these “lukewarm traits” resonated with how you’re living your own life?
i know a few of those hit me in the mouth. I am Lukewarm a lot of the time.
“I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”
so, let’s get out our hot plates and warm up our faith, our actions and our spirit
Mend house clothing drive