Cold. Clear. 30 degrees.
Explained the format of these workouts moving forward. 100% of these will be used for event prep.
- Dress as you would for an event. Test out your clothing that you want to wear (i.e. will these baselayers and a small windbreaker keep me warm during the event?, should I try out these new shoes?). Recommended to never wear shorts. Low crawls will occur on the reg.
- Pack like you would for an event. Should contain, at a minimum: reflectors, headlamp, 30# weight, full water bladder, ID (don’t worry about quitter’s cash :)) Pack extra weight than you usually do. The worst thing about training with only 30# weight is discovering that your ruck weighs ~48# at the start of an event.
- Sandbags and coupons will be present at EVERY workout. You can crush all the ruck PT and cardio that you want, but if you can’t carry heavy shit for long distances, you’re going to have a bad time at an event.
- Workouts will sometime consist of only carrying coupons for the entire duration of the workout. Other times there will be shorter distances covered with more sandbag and ruck PT.
- This is not an F3 workout. So instead of circling up like an F3 workout, we will line up in ranks & columns like the administrative phase of an event. The QIC will “inspect” rucks for minimum items listed above. This will get you used to unpacking and packing in a hurry. We may do some “dump it” and “pack it” days with time hacks.
- Like the Tough page, to Q one of these workouts, you will first have to have completed a Tough or higher event. Light only doesn’t count.
BAC x10 IC
SSH x15 IC
Squat x10 IC
Merkins x10 OYO
Coupons in tow: 80# sandbag, 60# sandbag
Ruck to the soccer fields and onto the turf. All workouts below with rucks on.
Line up along the end line with sandbags. Partner up. Pick your poison (80# or 60#).
Partner A: Clean, squat, toss sandbag in front of you. Repeat & continue until end of penalty box (18 yds). Shoulder sandbag and run it back
Partner B: 5 Merkins, 10 Ruck Presses, 15 Front Squats R&R until partner returns
2 sets each
Daisy chain 80# & 60# bags together.
2 people: bear crawl drag sandbag for 12 yards. Front carry it back
remaining team: 10 flutter kicks, 5 get ups (ruck in front). R&R until group returns
Swap out and repeat until every person completes the bear crawl twice
2 sets of Front, Back, Go for 45 seconds.
Sandbags still daisy chained
2 people: low crawl drag for 12 yards. Farmer carry back
remaining team: 10 squats, 10 merkins. R&R until group returns
Swap out and repeat until every person completes the low crawl twice
1 set of Front, Back, Go
Circle up. Sandbags are with random PAX.
Burpee, clean & shoulder the sandbag, toss it clockwise to the next person
Repeat until each person tossed the 80# 6 times
5- 8ct bodybuilders
Partner Up. 3 people on the 80#. 2 people on the 60#
Burpee, curl, clean, squat, toss to next person
Repeat until each person performs 10 reps
PAX head back to AO
5- 8ct bodybuilders