Workout Date: 25 Sep 2017
Good afternoon PAX,
I hope your weekend is ending on a restful note. We have a great week ahead, check it out…
This Week’s Workouts
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park (The Asylum), 5:30am-6:15am – Cap’n Crunch on Q [WVLT on site]
– Bootcamp Workout, Concord Park (The Dog Pound), 5:30am-6:15am – Mayberry on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, World’s Fair Park (Big Ball), 5:30am-6:15am – Abort on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park, (The Asylum), 5:30am-6:15am – Music City on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park (The Asylum), 5:45pm-6:30pm – Abscess on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park (The Asylum), 5:30am-6:15am – ? on Q
– Bells & Ropes, Concord Park (The Dog Pound), 5:30am-6:15am – Ratchet on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Concord Park (The Dog Pound), 5:30am-6:15am – Shooter (VQ!) on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, World’s Fair Park (Big Ball), 5:30am-6:15am – Steam on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park, (The Asylum), 5:30am-6:15am – ? on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park (The Asylum), 5:45pm-6:30pm – Lillydipper on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park (The Asylum), 5:30am-6:15am – Ear Wax on Q
– Rucking, Bob Leonard Park (The Truck Stop), 5:00am-6:00am – I-Beam on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Lakeshore Park (The Asylum), 7:00am-8:00am – Crawdad on Q
– Bootcamp Workout, Bob Leonard Park (The Truck Stop), 6:00am-7:00am – Gibbler on Q
*** We have two open Qs at the Asylum this week, Wednesday and Thursday. If you would like to take on of those Qs respond to this email and let me know ASAP! ***
2nd F Events
2nd F Gathering THIS FRIDAY NIGHT 9/29 – Cornhole Tournament (Take 2)
Cornhole Tournament Take Two will be held THIS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 from 7pm to ?? at Tank’s house. If the weather is bad we can do basement games again.
Tank’s M will provide appetizers and non-alc beverages. (BYOB) Wives are welcome to come and have fellowship together or even play cornhole as well. We can have everyone chip in a few bucks to a pot for the winners of the tourney.
A GroupMe Event is up to RSVP.
If you have a set of cornhole boards bring them.
Check GroupMe to see who is going:
- Wed: Whole Foods – Papermill
- Thurs: Brown Bag – Hardin Valley
Alcoa/Maryville Launch Date – Saturday 10.14.17
It’s getting closer! The launch date for Alcoa/Maryville is Saturday, 7:00am on October 14 2017. The AO will be Springbrook Park Rec Center. Here is how to get involved:
- If you are interested in being part of the launch team let me (Cap’n Crunch) know and I’ll connect you with Moses.
- If you know men in the Alcoa/Maryville area reach out to them and let them know F3 is coming. Share your story and invite them to come out and get better.
Start making those EHs and let’s make sure that every sad clown in the Alcoa/Maryville area knows F3 is coming.
Truckin’ to the Pound (CSAUP Event) – Saturday, October 28
Next month we have our first official F3 Knoxville CSAUP Event! This event is free and open to all men in Knoxville. The event will start at the Truck Stop AO. The PAX will travel to the Dog Pound AO (approximately 9 miles total), stopping for 4 mini-Qs along the way. More details will be coming soon. For now, mark the date on your calendar and plan on spending the morning pushing your limits and having a great time in the process.
GROWRUCK05 is Coming!
GROWRUCK is a uniquely crafted F3 event. It is a one-of-a-kind event that integrates leadership, teamwork, and fellowship like only F3 and GORUCK can. Think of it like a men’s/leadership retreat on steroids. It is a custom event tailored for F3 men and designed to equip us to be the best men we can be for our family, friends and community.
This fall, Chattanooga will be hosting GROWRUCK05 over the weekend of November 18-19. Festivities will include a hangout gathering on Friday night (11.17), with the real event beginning on Saturday morning (11.18). A group of our PAX will leave from Knoxville early Saturday morning and participate in the following:
- 7:00am-8:00am – F3 TN Convergence – Dredd and OBT
- The regions represented there will be Knoxville, Johnson City, Chattanooga, Nashville, Franklin, Memphis and Alpharetta.
- 8:30am-9:30am – GROW School – Dredd and OBT
- The focus is on leadership and growth both personal and corporate.
- 5:30pm-6:00am – Custom GORUCK Tough
- This is where we put all we learned that morning into practice.
Again, this an event for F3 men only facilitated by GORUCK. GORUCK Toughs are 12 hour, over night team-based events designed to test you physically and mentally. For more information on GORUCK Tough CLICK HERE. For more info on “rucking” check out the following articles from Men’s Health and Breaking Muscle.
This is a TEAM EVENT! Don’t let the unknown hinder you from something that could be a major catalyst for change in your life. We have weekly scheduled ruck training workouts to help men prepare. If you don’t have a ruck…no problem! F3 Nation has a “Lend-A-Ruck” program where you can borrow one to train and use for the event for free. Also, we have several guys in the PAX who are familiar with rucking and have participated in GORUCK events before. You have plenty of time and opportunity to get ready.
The cost of the event is $150, but DO NOT let that be a factor. We have scholarships and if someone wants to go we will do whatever we can to make it happen. This type of event only happens maybe once every 5 years, we will be talking about this for a long time.
Pfieffer is our GROWRUCK Q. If you have any questions let him know:
Never Stop Growing
“Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors,
and let each new year find you a better man.”
– Benjamin Franklin
In whatever state this email finds you today, I want to encourage you to keep pushing forward! Growth requires us to consistently challenge ourselves, to never be satisfied with status quo. If you find yourself sidetracked or maybe even sidelined, don’t give up! You are one commitment away from getting back on track. It won’t be easy, but what in life worth doing ever is? The struggle is worth over coming so that we can be the best we can be physically, mentally, relationally and spiritually for our friends and loved ones.
Getting up early, pushing ourselves physically and stretching ourselves spiritually isn’t easy. It costs us comfort and convenience to be sure, but we get back what we put in ten fold. When you put in the work physically, you get stronger, loose weight and feel better. When you stretch yourself spiritually you become more of who you were made to be and are able to overcome the destructive habits and patterns that have held you down. And when you engage relationally you see that you are not alone, that you have a band of brothers ready to challenge you and support you as you do the same for them.
Make the HC to get out in the gloom this week and get better. Make the HC to do what you can to support others to do the same. It’s a new week…make it count!